APEX PR Toronto is seeking a media relations expert with a passion for brand, tech and B2B communications. We are seeking a proven communications professional who holds a strong foundation in integrated communications and media relations with corporate/technology brands.
Are you an enthusiastic and resourceful team player who can take a proactive role and deliver results for some of the biggest companies in Canada? Do you bring a well-rounded set of skills and have interest working with a multidisciplinary team? Are you a creative self-starter with the ability to interact constructively with clients? Are you a natural born storyteller? Then this might be the role for you!
• Act as a core day-to-day client contact on multiple accounts in our technology/B2B and brand practices
• Share actively in recommendations, ideas, and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams
• Work professionally with clients and provide counsel on best practices
• Serve as an expert in traditional media relations with an understanding of the changing media landscape
• Help Identify and respond to new business pitches
• Maintain budget trackers and activity reports for clients
• Coach and mentor junior team members
• Develop and edit advanced-level written materials, including media correspondence, bylines and speaking abstracts, demonstrating the ability to research and structure the content of these materials
• Ensuring client satisfaction by delivering quality work, anticipating needs and identifying potential issues as they arise
• Analyzing and interpreting research data and providing recommendations and feedback
• Defining competitive landscape and identifying issues, gaps and opportunities for clients
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in an agency environment
• Experience within technology/B2B/brand practice areas of a public relations agency is preferred
• Demonstrated experience planning and delivering corporate communications programs to support business objectives
• Extensive experience in using targeted media for advocacy, thought leadership, and outreach purposes
• Ability to provide strategic communications counsel, specifically in a corporate communications context
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
• Direct experience with stakeholder communications and media relations
• Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
• Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies
APEX PR is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow, and we can promote from within where possible. We offer comprehensive health and dental benefits. COVID has been a difficult time for all small businesses. We have prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, virtual team days, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APEX Public Relations is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if they don’t match the job posting perfectly. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an environment for learning, growth and innovation.
If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to email@example.com.
NEXT: The Pivot – Branick Weix