Fresh food is on every family’s grocery list. But, knowing where to purchase top quality food products can be overwhelming for busy shoppers. To ensure Canadians know where to find quality, fresh produce, meat and seafood – Walmart and APEX pulled out all the stops.
Developing a multi-tiered communications campaign, APEX helped position Walmart as a grocery destination offering top quality Canadian produce, meat and fish, all backed by a satisfaction guarantee.
The strategy focused on educating and influencing the target audience, young families. A combination of media relations, events and social content delivered a clear message to Canadians – Walmart is a convenient one-stop trusted retail and grocery destination.
Campaign highlights included
- Media events with celebrity chefs Corbin Tomaszeski and Graham Elliot,
- A series of tailgate pop-up barbecues in 10 Canadian cities, and
- A series of #KidsApprovedMeals videos, in collaboration with J Walter Thompson Canada, that helped bring to life several summer recipes.
The campaign achieved:
- 46 million media impressions,
- Off the charts engagement with Mom blogger content,
- Growth in quality perception,
- Increase in both Walmart’s overall in-store traffic and revenue.
Overall, the achievements of Walmart fresh were a testament to the power of a great story – fresh local food for every Canadian– and the APEX strategy to integrate a Boom, Echo and Build into each campaign.