Leading up to Canada Day, the APEX team is having a great Canadian scavenger hunt, exploring media markets across the country.
- 4,0271,000 (Census Metropolitan Areas)
- Denis Coderre, @DenisCoderre
3. 5 interesting facts
- Host of the 1976 Olympics, the first to be hosted by Canada.
- The casino, which consists of three interconnected buildings. Two of these, the French Pavilion and the Québec Pavilion, were built for Expo 67.
- In preparation for Expo 67, they used the fill that was excavated during the construction of the Montréal Metro to create Notre Dame Island and to enlarge Saint Helen’s Island by consolidating it with several neighboring islands
- No building in Montréal can be taller than the cross on the Mount Royal Mountain.
- Mount Royal Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the same person that designed New York City’s Central Park.
- Montréal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
- McGill University vs. Queen’s University
- McGill University vs. Concordia University
- Montréal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins
5. Known for
- Tam tams
- Céline Dion
6. 5 local bloggers
7. 6 local hashtags
8. 9 upcoming events
Le seul et l’unique BEN HARPER sera de retour parmi nous cet été – le voici en 2005 à la PREMIÈRE… https://t.co/EqVId3VEER
— OSHEAGA (@osheaga) June 18, 2015
9. Go-to source for anything local
— Tourisme Montréal (@Monmontreal) June 20, 2015
10. 7 magazines
11. 3 media personalities
13e Classic de Golf – 13th Golf Classic pic.twitter.com/eOBy7YggDj
— Nathalie Lambert (@natlambert) June 16, 2015
13. Local TV
14 Up to 10 radio stations
Rohini Mukherji is an account director at APEX. A proud McGill alumna, Montréal will always hold a special place in her heart. Katherine Beaulieu is an account manager at VROY communications, a Montréal public relations agency. Viviane Roy is the founder of VROY communications.
See where else we go in our great Canadian scavenger hunt.
NEXT: Taken by Québec City