Our newest Influencer Marketing Specialist, Ally Chen tells us about herself and her path to marketing and public relations.
1. How has your past work or volunteer experience helped you in your current position?
I’ve recently had the opportunity to work directly with influencers from the management perspective which allowed me to gain an understanding of how content creators view brand campaigns. I loved seeing different brands’ approaches and ideas behind every social media initiative – this provided me with valuable insight on how to effectively communicate key brand messaging.
2. What are you most passionate about professionally? Personally?
Professionally, I am passionate about creating fun, engaging influencer campaigns that stand out from competitors, generate measurable results, and create social buzz.
In my personal life, I enjoy learning how I can improve my health and wellness through sustainable choices. I like to devote time to learn about our impact on the environment and ways I can be more eco-friendly.
3. What moment or accomplishment in your career are you most proud of?
In the pre-Covid world, I was fortunate enough to work at a nation-wide Sephora conference where a client was the sponsor of the kick-off night. The photo opportunities we built by hand were a huge hit, it was incredibly rewarding to see the results from our teamwork!
4. Is there something you hope to achieve while at APEX/ruckus?
I am eager to acquire new skills and better myself as a PR professional. Most importantly, I am excited to learn from and work with the amazing team at APEX!
5. Three interesting facts about yourself.
1) I’m able to read and write in 3 languages: English, Mandarin and French.
2) I’m obsessed with all-things beauty and skincare.
3) I discovered I attended the same summer camp that Gwyneth Paltrow used to attend when she was growing up.