APEX Public Relations, an award-winning Toronto-based entrepreneurial agency is on the hunt for a creative, strategic and highly motivated intern. Ideal for someone who thrives in a collaborative and creative environment that offers new challenges and opportunities daily. APEX PR supports clients such as Walmart, Levis, New Balance, Roku, Ubisoft and RE/MAX to name a few. We have a team-oriented, high energy atmosphere, ideal for a creative, outgoing person. Interns have the chance to work on projects for clients in a diverse range of industries: fashion, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, real estate, retail, financial and tech to name a few.
We have a hybrid work model, and this role will be required to be in the office 3-4 days a week.
Beginning day one, working with our Consultants/Account Managers, we’ll create an environment that allows you to explore the various facets of Public Relations and Marketing:
- Conduct and report on media monitoring to keep us aware of client coverage and what’s happening with their competitors, identify potential risks and support with crisis management.
- Prepare and update media and influencer lists with fresh outlets, angles and voices.
- Apply strong written ability to draft research reports, social content, internal communications and media relations materials.
- Support event execution: generate ideas, source locations, coordinate vendors, engage with media/influencers, and set-up/take-down.
- Develop briefs that help planners and creative teams understand the client ask.
- Dig deep into consumer and competitive research to support with new business pitches. Attend brainstorms alongside strategic planners, art directors and copywriters.
- Assist account teams with ad-hoc tasks such as project management and billing support.
Skills to be further developed:
- Media list development and research
- Media materials development and editing
- Excellent time management, organizational, analytical and logistical support skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent project coordination and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage workload and prioritize
- Creative and strategic thinking
- WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Slack
Candidate should possess the following:
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related discipline
- Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a must and the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with social media platforms and design skills would be an asset
In addition to pay, APEX also offers a cell phone/internet and travel allowance to our interns. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow and we can promote from within where possible.
APEX PR encourages applications from People of Colour, Indigenous peoples, people from LGBTQ2+ communities, persons with disabilities and individuals from other diverse communities.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. For more information on APEX Public Relations, visit www.apexpr.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.