Are you an enthusiastic and resourceful team player who can take a proactive role and deliver results for some of the biggest companies in Canada such as Roku, RE/MAX, RBC, Walmart and DoorDash? Do you bring a well-rounded set of skills and have interest working with a multidisciplinary team? Are you a creative self-starter with the ability to interact constructively with clients? Are you a natural born storyteller? This might be the role for you!
APEX Public Relations is looking for a Senior Consultant to help lead corporate communication campaigns. As part of the APEX team, you will be responsible for the leadership of projects, pulling together passionate, engaged colleagues from across the country to deliver excellent client service and high-quality work. You must have proven strategic communications experience, strong project management skills and media relations chops.
- Manage campaigns for several technology/corp/B2B clients, delivering high quality work on time and on budget
- Serve as a strategic client counselor, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business
- Serve as a mentor and coach for junior team members to help build and foster a positive and dynamic culture and delegate successfully to execute client initiatives
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across lines of businesses to deliver integrated programs and campaigns
- Anticipate client needs and issues, troubleshoot problems as an active listener and fearless counselor
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity and innovation, both from a client service and team culture standpoint
- Effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others using your strong communication and presentation skills
- Serve as an expert in traditional media relations with an understanding of the changing media landscape
- Develop and edit advanced-level written materials, including media correspondence, bylines and speaking abstracts, demonstrating the ability to research and structure the content of these materials
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an agency environment
- Experience within technology/B2B/brand practice areas of a public relations agency is preferred
- Extensive experience in proactive media relations for advocacy, thought leadership, and outreach purposes
- Demonstrated experience creating result-oriented client plans
- Ability to provide strategic communications counsel, specifically in a corporate communications context
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Superb organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a rapidly developing environment
- Strong account/project management skills including an understanding of budget management
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies
APEX PR is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow, and we can promote from within where possible.
In addition to comprehensive health and dental benefits, APEX offers a wellness allowance, and a cell phone/internet allowance. We also prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, staff events, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
APEX has a hybrid work model; employees are expected to be in the office 2-3 days. We feel that this model promotes creativity, collaboration and professional development while still giving employees the flexibility of remote work.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APEX Public Relations is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if they don’t match the job posting perfectly. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an environment for learning, growth and innovation.
If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.