As more and more information becomes accessible via online social channels, managing what may seems like an overwhelming ream of content may seem like a daunting task.
Time is precious and budgets are tight, and it’s safe to say that most people would welcome any tool that offers the opportunity to organize their online presence. There are a number of tools out there claiming to monitor, streamline, maximize, and customize your social media activity, but which one is right for you?
- Schedule posts across multiple social profiles such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn at any time of the day or week.
- By using the queue feature, you can set your own time to post or allow Buffer to choose peak social media hours for you.
- Another great feature is the suggestions tab which offers shareable, relevant content.
- Check the Buffer suggestions tab for interesting stories and quotes as often as social channels themselves.
- The basic free account offers a simple experience, but if you want to add team members to one account or have access to more advanced analytics you can sign up for Buffer for Business.
- The tool lets you build timelines, create searches to keep track of topics or your brand, and manage multiple Twitter accounts.
- It provides a simple way to monitor the conversation that’s happening about your brand and within your brand community.
- The obvious limitation is that you can’t manage multiple social channels – Tweetdeck specializes in managing only your Twitter account.
- Similar to Buffer, Hootsuite allows you to schedule your posts, view multiple social channels in one place and receive analytics reports.
- A favourite feature is the option to add a stream on your dashboard for your Twitter lists, making it easy to follow the news, or specific topics of interest.
- Upgrading to Hootsuite pro gives you plenty of advantages, for a price, such as managing up to 50 profiles and receiving advanced analytics.
One of these tools not going to hack it for the complexities of your social strategy? You can also check out other social media productivity tools such as Sprout Social, Crowdbooster, Edgerank Checker, Shoutlet, and Postling.
As for me, my favourite tool is Buffer for its suggestion tab offering great shareable content and easy-to-use queue feature for my Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles.
If you need help managing your social media, give us a shout.
Merissa King is an account manager at APEX Public Relations. Follow her on Twitter @MerissaWK