For APEX’s 25th anniversary, our team took a leap and landed in Iceland for four days! This trip was a golden opportunity for us to take much-needed time to reflect, rejuvenate and bond with our teammates in ways we hadn’t done before, while also absorbing new cultures and lessons in problem-solving.
An extraordinary place filled with majestic beauty, history, food, culture, tours and things to do, here are some key learnings our teammates took away from our life-changing experience:
- Jen: We hadn’t spent 3-4 days straight with each other since 2019. This trip allowed the group to bond, learn more about each other and create new friendships.
- Mishel: Locals both young and old consume print media (news papers, journals and magazines) regularly. I had seen it happen at a coffee shop a few times!
- Linda: If you think something might not be fun/interesting (like walking in the rain), reframing it in your mind as to the positives is helpful, and you end up enjoying yourself + building resiliency!
- Raph: Embrace and celebrate what makes you different.
- Taylor: Geyser is the most popular Icelandic word in the English language!
- Cindy: Bring extra layers and overdress for the weather – the sun only pops out 15 days in a calendar year!
- Hannah: Seems as though everyone has different last names!
- Jacob: Iceland has a creek where you can make a wish, so bring extra coins with you so you can make your wish come true!
- Aadya: Come *extra* prepared with more than you think you need – the climate is super windy and rainy!
- Leah: Even though we spend hours together on a regular basis, truly putting the work in to get to know your colleagues (and clients!) is what takes relationships to the next level.
- Tara: While Icelanders only fly their flag on special occasions, the Pride flag is always flying. Also, there are more sheep than people!
With the new-found knowledge and energy we captured and brought back to the office, we can’t wait to share more with you about our future milestones. Be sure to follow our LinkedIn, Instagram and website for our latest announcements, updates and happenings!