APEX Public Relations is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team in Toronto. We are a dynamic public relations team with a well-established and fast-growing practice that specializes in serving B2B, corporate, technology and consumer clients.
We are looking for a self-starter who will bring a great attitude, energy and passion to our strategic communications team. Senior Consultants lead a range of communications projects in collaboration with other team members and have an excellent track record of managing programs, with the ability to successfully execute integrated communications programs. The candidate has experience:
• Managing the successful execution of client programs, working with team leads to manage resources and deadlines
• Acting as a client liaison, providing program updates, generating ideas and strategic counsel
• Helping oversee junior team members and delegating tasks to successfully execute client initiatives
• Ensuring client satisfaction by delivering quality work, anticipating needs and identifying potential issues as they arise
• Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
• Contributing to the creation and execution of earned media and influencer strategies, including managing media relations and influencer engagement projects and building relationships with key contacts • Contributing to creative brainstorms and developing new story ideas
• Writing client-ready documents
• Analyzing and interpreting research data and providing recommendations and feedback
• Defining competitive landscape and identifying issues, gaps and opportunities for clients
• Participating in the new business process, including research, audits, idea contribution and proposal preparation
• 3-5 years of agency or corporate communications experience; consulting expertise in the financial or tech sector would be an asset
• Strong media relations skills and established contacts with business, marketing, tech and consumer media
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can be applied across various platforms • Creative thinker and problem solver, with a can-do mindset
• Strong research and analytical skills including experience applying research to integrated communications programs • Excellent organizational, project management and time management capabilities
• Experience executing integrated communications programs (media relations, influencer engagement, digital, community management, events, etc.)
• Strong project and budget management skills, ability to delegate and prioritize • Knowledge of the technology and financial services sectors is a plus
• A passion for going the extra mile to get great results for every client • Creativity and a positive energy • Self-motivated, resourceful, flexible, organized, skilled at client service, and attention to detail
• Team spirit and a great attitude
APEX PR is committed to offering competitive pay for the role and experience that the candidate brings. This is an opportunity to work with the best PR teams in the business. We offer learning, development and mentorship so that our team can grow and we can promote from within where possible. We offer comprehensive health and dental benefits. COVID has been a difficult time for all small businesses. We have prioritized taking care of our team through transparency, virtual team days, continued learning and a company-wide bonus structure.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
To apply, please e-mail your résumé to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. APEX Public Relations is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes diversity in the workplace. We recognize that the best candidate may not meet all of the criteria listed above. We encourage all those interested and with relevant experience to apply even if they don’t match the job posting perfectly. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an environment for learning, growth and innovation. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.