Recently, the APEXers and friends of APEX explored the best communications advice ever.
We’ve compiled that advice into a list ranked according to what you saw as most compelling, based on its popularity in our analytics.
So, here’s our best communications advice ever ranked according to you:
- Drop the formal intro, begin with surprise
- To make it in PR, embrace your inner nerd
- Make it compelling, to begin the conversation
- PR is about two-way communication
- It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it
- Failure to communicate can lead to war
- Don’t be afraid to say no
- Tell stories, not data
- When in doubt, keep it simple
- Don’t forget to ask why
- Tell the truth, from the beginning
- A trusted advisor defines the problem
- Every problem has a solution
- One mistake can undo years of good work
Any advice surprises or misses? Let us know here or on Twitter.
NEXT: Is advocacy good or bad?