Just over a year after moving into its new space in Postmedia Place, APEX PR has added a couple new faces and promoted one more from its award-winning corporate, tech and consumer teams.
“We’re pleased to be adding some fresh new thinking to our client work and really recognizing some emerging young talent already in our midst,” said Kenneth Evans, managing partner of APEX Public Relations.
- She was recently promoted to consultant after more than two years’ work on accounts such as Nike, Husqvarna, Walmart Canada and Visit Orlando. Lauren’s passion and pride in her work recently helped her attain an IABC Silver Leaf Award of Excellence – Social Media Programs for the launch of social media channels for Husqvarna Canada.
- Prior to APEX, Lauren worked with PepsiCo Foods Canada where she played a key role in supporting internal and brand communications.
- She holds an undergraduate degree in Communications and Multimedia from McMaster University and a postgraduate certificate in Public Relations from Humber College.
Consultant, Jon Koidis @koidis55 joins APEX to work with clients UPS, ASUS, Walmart, RSA and Husqvarna.
- A highlight from Jon’s career includes securing more than 50 stories (approx. 20 million impressions) for a spokesperson during the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- Jon is a specialist in consumer packaged goods, men’s grooming and technology.
- He holds a certificate in Corporate Communications and Public Relations from Centennial College and an undergrad degree in Sociology from Queen’s University.
Coordinator, Shawna Kaye Vassel (left in photo above) @shawnavassel joins APEX to work with clients Walmart, ASUS, Polysporin, Nestlé, UPS and RSA.
- Shawna comes from PepsiCo Foods Canada where she managed day-to-day activities on several key programs including Lay’s Do Us a Flavour, Kurkure and Doritos Roulette.
- She also worked closely with the Digital Manager on issues management and community moderation for Lay’s, Doritos, Miss Vickie’s and Quaker.
- She holds a post graduate certificate from Seneca College and an Honors Bachelor of Arts degree from McMaster University.